The times and seasons are in God’s hand. He is working out his purposes even through chaos and confusion. Get ready for the season of alignment.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2023
The Gregorian Calendar is followed by much of the world, but it is important to remember that there are many alternative religious and cultural systems of measurement. For Christians, the main point is to focus on the times and seasons of God. What is he doing in his world?
THE VOICE OF THE PROPHETS
As we move forward in 2023, followers of Christ are wondering what can we expect. Is there any direction from the Lord? Many prophetic voices are being raised, and there are some recurring themes.
God is shaking the nations so that his kingdom will manifest. God’s kingdom cannot be shaken. It is our one stability in an unstable world. The forces of Chaos will not overcome God’s people.
- The prophetic ministry will become more prominent, manifesting in examples of both true and false prophecy.
- Increase of Chaos in every realm – spiritual, physical and societal.
- The sudden and dramatic rise and fall of political leaders across the globe. Entire political systems will be shaken globally and nationally.
- There will be a great shaking of ecclesiastical and denominational structures, as well as the promise of revival-type blessing for all churches and denominations which open up to the Holy Spirit.
- New expressions and news forms of church life and ministry will arise, embracing both reformation and revival. Some will have a specialist emphasis on worship, intercession, prophecy, social action, training and equipping, market place ministries, and missions and evangelism. Others will begin to model the synergy of the Fivefold ministry springing out of apostolic hubs particularly in Nonwestern nations, but also in Western nations.
- Expect an increase of passionate and fearless evangelism accompanied by signs and wonders in the streets and fields as well as the market places. The High Streets will become Highways of God’s glory.
- There will be waves of repentance beginning with professing Christians, leading to the awakening of a growing remnant. This will include both renewed believers and surprising conversions of some high profile people. There will also be significant conversions of previously unknown people who will be given extraordinary grace to lead God’s people into the new things he is doing.
- There will be a return to the New Testament practice of meeting in homes where believers will be accountable to leaders who operate within simple and reproducible church structures.
- A coming seismic shift in constitutional matters relating to the Christian foundations of British Society.
- Mounting pressure for increased fragmentation of the Union, the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
- Mass protests (sometimes violent) with the objective of overthrowing the Conservative Party, as well as perceived conservative/Christian values in legislation and government policy. “Social Justice” will be falsely claimed as justification for on-going divisive and disruptive action. All the main parties will be impacted by this. There will be a growing call for new political movements, some of which will be positive while others will further polarise British, European and North American societies. There will be new alignments in international politics.
- Wokeness and religious pluralism will increasingly impact the British Monarchy and gradually move toward dominance. Signs of this will be present in and surrounding the Coronation of King Charles III.
- A false “social unity” will be promoted in society, not by consensus, but by imposing aggressively liberal and progressive policies and laws. There will be increasing opposition to Christians in Britain, Europe and North America. There will be stronger and more audacious attempts to criminalise Bible-believing Christians. Many will be jailed for their faith.
- Some church denominations will disavow Christians who refuse to compromise calling them a lawless minority, an intolerant fringe element of Christianity. A growing number of denominations will adopt society’s view of LGBTQ+ issues.
- The closing down or silencing of those who post views online which oppose the woke consensus will continue and increase. This will be met with a technological rebellion leading to alternative platforms and means of mass communication. An increasingly ugly and violent backlash will also come from the extreme right.
Please take these prophetic pointers as matters for prayer and intercession. Especially the items which resonate with you. Also, ask the Lord to orientate you, and correctly align you in the days that lie ahead. Stay firmly grounded in the things of the Kingdom of God. Do not be afraid, God is in charge!